I have used the PowerSheets for 3.5 years now, and I was so excited to create my tending list for January. The formatting looks a little different this year, but I think the changes are for the best! The Cultivate What Matters teams continues to refine the pages and processes, and I can't wait to see how they pan out.
I previously shared my 2017 goals and my word of the year, so with those in mind here are my goals for the first month of 2017:
Monthly Goals:1. Co-host the Deep in the Heart Retreat. This one makes the list because I'm a firm believer in putting events on the calendar/things I'm looking forward to into my goals as a reminder of what I'll make happen each month. I can actually already cross this off the list, and you can read about it HERE.
2. Prepare well for the start of school. January brought the second semester of my first year of teaching, and I had a lot of things that I needed to get ready to go. I want this year to be about planning well ahead of time to put procrastination out of the picture finally and fully.
3. Register for my teaching certification test. I am halfway through my teaching certification, and all that is left is the pedagogy test. I'm actually hoping to register this week!
4. Begin directing Proof for UIL One Act Play. As part of my job as a high school theatre teacher, I have the joy/challenge of directing a show in the spring for our competition. We chose Proof last fall and I started rehearsals the right before school started. We are well on our way!
5. Go to Theatrefest in Galveston, Texas. I'm here as I write this actually! It's a weekend of workshops and professional development by the sea that I've been looking forward to all year long, and here we are!
6. Read 5+ books. My goal is to read 75 books in 2017, so I need to read at least 6-7 books per month to make it. I expect to do a lot of reading this summer, so I'm taking the first few months slower with a goal of 5 books. I've already finished three and I'm halfway though two more. Only a few days left to tackle them!
7. Complete my Illustrated Faith projects. I have a few exciting things in the works with Illustrated Faith that I cannot wait to share more about in the future, but for now I'll keep it pretty vague. I will say I've completed the first major chunk of a project, and I'm waiting for the final details to come back so I can finish the job. Stay tuned!
8. Meet my January savings goal. A major goal for the year is to be more financially responsible, and I have monthly savings goals to help accomplish this task. January's looking to be a little tricky since I've started to purchase plane tickets for my summer travels, but I hope to put the last of it in with my paycheck next week.
I'm also planning to share my weekly and daily goals with you this year to keep myself even more accountable. Some of these directly relate to the above goals or to my yearly goals, and others are smaller tasks I simply want to accomplish as we go.
Weekly Goals:1. Lesson plans turned in on time.
2. Meal prep for the week on Sunday.
3. Church/Lifegroup/Discipleship/Bible study.
4. Finish a book/play (or 2).
5. Blog 2/3 times.
6. No spending during weekdays.
WORD + WATER + ACTIVE +
READ + WRITE + PREP + GRATITUDE
It has already been really encouraging to see the progress that I've made so far this month, and they feel like the most purposeful/practical that my monthly/weekly/daily goals have ever been! I'm also changing the way I check in on these goals with a monthly review, so stay tuned for that on Monday! You'll find my goal progress, some high lights from what all went down in January, as well as a few of my favorite things. I can't wait!
What have you made happen this January?
What goal are you working on this week?
*Please note, this post contains some affiliate links. They won't cost you a penny more, but they might help this first year teacher to an extra Sonic run after rehearsal ;)