It's Friday, Friday, Friday! Wait.... it is Friday right? This week has been all over the place, and I've had SUCH a hard time remembering what day it is. I'm out of town for a theatre festival so my internet is a bit spotty, BUT I wanted to take some time to share about a reeeeeeeeeally exciting collaboration to THE Annie Wiltse.
Did anyone read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books while growing up? Or see the movies? Before going their separate ways, four girls found a pair of jeans that magically fit them all, and they spent the summers mailing them back and forth, documenting their adventures. Well, we wanted to do something similar, only with our own creative spin.
On Monday we launched the Sisterhood of the Traveling Bible! Yes, that's right! There is now a journaling Bible making its way around the country and YOU have the opportunity to join in today! We announced it on Periscope (catch the details HERE), and I'm thrilled to get to fill you all in here, too.
We've already had quite a few sign-ups (many more than we expected!), and at this rate the Bible will be traveling for quite some time! All you have to do is:
- Follow this link and fill out the form: SISTERHOOD BIBLE.
- You will be contacted with the name of the person you will receive it from, as well as the info for who you will send the Bible to next. Please be patient as we match everyone up!
- When you get the Bible, create and date your page, sign the back of the Bible, and send it out in 3-5 days.
- Snap a shot of your page and tag it #sisterhoodtravelingbible on Instagram so we can see the beauty you've created and keep tabs with where the Bible has gone so far. Don't forget to follow @sisterhoodofthetravelingbible to keep up with its journey, too.
- Lastly, this is not a requirement but a request, we ask that you make a donation of any kind to Shama Women. We want to bless not only the women in this Bible swap but also bless women around the world! You can read more about Shama Women HERE and donate HERE.
If you are new to Illustrated Faith, what a fun way to get started! The goal is simply to connect this community as we creatively connect with scripture. We would LOVE to have you join in! We added a page in the front with a little note from us and a brief introduction to getting started in the margins of this Bible. We would love to see YOUR style and hear about what YOU are learning from the Lord!
Below is the page that I made before sending it off to Annie. I have loved spending time in the Psalms over the past year, and it is my favorite place in the Bible to illustrated my faith. I also want to emphasize DATING the page you create, be it in the traveling Bible or your own. It has been so cool to flip back through the journaling Bible I used in 2015 to see what I was learning at this time last year and what the Lord was speaking to me in different seasons.
On this page, I used the mega date stamp by Studio Calico with a fun teal ink pad from Illustrated Faith. I also have a slight obsession with the mini heart doilies from Target's dollar section, so of course that had to be included, too ;) I finished it off with a tiny bit of journaling along the side, and VOILA! My page was ready to go!
Illustrating your faith does not have to be overly complicated. Use what you have where you are to document what you are learning in this season. That's it. Look to Jesus for inspiration. Ask HIM what you should draw/do/journal. It's that simple.
I can't wait to see what you create! Follow the steps above to sign up, and we'll follow along at #sisterhoodtravelingbible on Instagram.
Happy weekending, y'all!