Oh, July. You were a good one, weren't you? Packed to the brim and flying by lickety-split, I've blinked and suddenly August is one sleep away. This month was one for the books, and I'm so thankful to have spent it in one of my favorite corners of the universe with some of my favorite people.
I've been consistent with sharing monthly goals --August's will be up Monday morning!-- but after catching Elise's monthly Instagram round-ups, I've decided to start an end of the month recap. It's time to take a look back and celebrate the things we made happen by hitting the highlights.
1. The first full week of July was my first kids' camp, pirates themed and a blast and a half. We went on daily adventures, had a splash day, built fairy houses in the back yard, and learned to walk, talk, and act like pirates. At the end of the week we put on a play for friends and family, and it was a wild success!
2. I continued the summer of books by reading a lovely handful: Where'd You Go, Bernadette (review HERE), Lizzy & Jane, The Better Life, Emma, and Passion & Purpose. I would highly recommend each and every one of them.
3. Oh hey. Who doesn't love a selfie? I'm sharing this because (1) RIP favorite sunglasses, they bit the dust at camp #2, and (2) I've been informed that all I wear is stripes... and I can't deny that it dominates my closet. Oops. (3) I gave a DIY French manicure a try and didn't hate it... but by day 5 they had bit the dust, too. I can't say I won't use them again for a quick fix though.
4. Luis, Emily, and I saw Wicked two Sundays ago and it was wonderful as per usual! I have seen it
five a few times now, but this was a fresh spin with a unique take on Galinda, and the Elphaba was fierce! Man, I wish I could sing! Also, Ashley Parker Angel from O-Town was Fiyero and I may have swooned once or twice.
5. I turned 24 this month! I feel so old and so young at the same time. The kids surprised me with a triple layer chocolate cake that was divine after we saw the Minions movie (after which they continue to shout BANANA!), followed by sweet gifts and dinner out with friends. We ate at the restaurant in Queen Anne that Luis and I found my very first weekend visiting Seattle, then we wandered up the road to Molly Moon's ice cream. It was a perfect evening.
6. This Sunday we saw even more theatre, catching the Wooden O's production of As You Like It. I love all of the Shakespeare in the park happening around the city this summer! I thought it might get rained out but thankfully there was an indoor space beside the pavilion and we watched the show nice and dry. There were around 8-10 of us from Mosaic, and it's always more fun to picnic and watch with friends.
7. Annie started last week and we close today with our final show. I was in the musical in middle school and I had forgotten how much I love it! The songs are so catchy, the story a classic, and perfect for these kiddos. They have worked so hard, and I'm so proud of our production!
8. You don't want to or need to know how many times I've been to the Chick-fil-a up here. ;) One of the gals who worked there even said "You look so familiar. Where do you work?" and I had to admit she probably recognized me because I had been there and she served me the day before... oops.
9. Lastly, I certainly splurged on movies this month. I watched Serena, The Duff, and the new Annie on Redbox (I also rented Big Eyes but didn't watch it before returning it), and I saw Minions twice. I also watched The Best of Me on Netflix and watched through another season of Bones. I get so excited recognizing actors from Chicago Fire, Once Upon a Time, and other movies I've seen making guest appearances!
Like I said, July, you were a good one! Now onto August! Ahh!
How was your month? What did YOU make happen in July?