Some people collect tea cups or rare coins. Others collect seashells, vintage cameras, and the like. I collect bags. Sort of.
My mom calls me a bag lady and it is absolutely true. When I was younger I could not wait to carry a purse, and now I rotate between three different ones almost weekly. In college I became obsessed with Vera Bradley and picked a new pattern each year. Any time I walk into an Anthropologie and I either head straight for the candles or the weekenders.
And recently on Instagram I got a request for a "What's In My Bag" post, so here you go :)
The bag itself is from a shop at First Monday Canton Trade Days. They do custom monogramming in-house, so it has become our routine to stop there first to place our orders and we pick them up on our way out of the market. I have searched every First Monday sight and directory and I have yet to find the name of the shop. When I do, I will be sure to let you know! They carry all kinds of leather goods, clothes, too.
- The teal (turquoise? I can never get the two straight) wallet is from the same shop as well. It came with two straps and can be worn as a wristlet or a cross-body clutch.
- The top notebook is a prayer journal by Val Marie Paper. I won credit to her shop in the fall and picked up a set of the journals for 2015 and have been working my way through the first one. There are a variety of sections to make lists in: friends, loved ones, personal, scriptures and quotes. The giant paperclip is from Target.
- Next is a birthday card for my dad. I couldn't make it home to celebrate with the family, and I do love to write notes, even though I am the worst pen pal ever. No really. I should be better as words of affirmation and thoughtful, handwritten notes make my heart sing, but I have tried it and simply cannot keep up with it in this season. Which makes me sad. But it does make me happy to know that I'll be home in a few short weeks to spend quality time with my family.
- Above is my Young Living Essential Oils travel case. It holds 8 mini vials with samples of my favorite oils so I can keep them with me when out and about. Stay tuned for more information about my journey with Essential Oils, coming on Wednesday! But if you want to go ahead and sign up for your own Premium Starter Kit, go here.
- The miniature mascara tube is Lash Domination by bareMinerals. It's a rare day that I get all dolled up for class, but I almost always put on some kind of mascara.
- I carry this gold polka-dotted compact usually when I'm traveling, so it's been in my bag since spring break. I have been guilty of the selfie-shot makeup correcting, but it doesn't serve me very well when my contacts freak out. The compact is from Forever 21 a couple of years ago.
- I can never keep up with lip balm, and I have half a dozen Chapstick tubes floating around my house and car, so it's a miracle that this one has survived. It's Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm I picked up at Anthro around Christmas.
- Lastly, the earbuds that came with my iPhone. I listen to music practically 24/7. In the car, on the way to class, doing homework. From movie scores to musical soundtracks, classic swing and contemporary country, I have a playlist for almost everything.
There you have it friends! My most recent pursonality if you will ;) I may make this a series and revisit it now and again, especially since I rotate bags so often. I hope you enjoyed, and pick up some of those pretties for yourself! Happy Monday, friends.